Monday, March 31, 2014

White Cathedral Wedding Inspired Dangle Earrings

I love the classic look of the Renaissance era.

There was something elegant and romantic about this time that no other time in history can match.  It's the beauty with simple adornment, the long and effortless lines that need little ornamentation to look stunning.  Whether this was evident from architecture or fashion, the unfettered beauty speaks to me and touches my soul.

With this in mind, I was reminiscing a few months ago about some Czech glass beads I found at a trunk sale (limited inventory at a reasonable discount, usually sold out of a trunk, hence the name trunk sale) that were called cathedral glass beads.  The beads themselves look like they had built in bead caps that were ever-so-slightly tarnished, like the look in an old European cathedral.  I happened to find a strand of these in classic white which thrilled me to no end, and they became the centerpiece for these earrings:


 
When I think of these earrings, I picture them with an elegant, yet simple wedding dress - like this:


 
Sometimes simplicity is more elegant than endless poufs, pearls, and pretties.
This is the quiet elegance that really speaks to me and tells me a story.
What is your favorite look for wedding jewelry?

No comments:

Post a Comment